WNMU-TV will comply with all FCC rules on contests which presently are in effect, in particular Section 73.1216, "A licensee that broadcasts or advertises information about a contest it conducts shall fully and accurately disclose the material terms of the contest, and shall conduct the contest substantially as announced or advertised. No contest description shall be false, misleading or deceptive with respect to any material terms." Material terms are those factors which define the operation of the contest and which affect participation therein.
Rules for the Great Grand Giveaway contest:
- How to Enter: Everyone must officially enter in order to win. Your pledge is not an official entry, and you do not need to pledge to enter the drawing. To enter, send a postcard with your name, address, daytime and evening phone numbers (where you can be reached on July 6, 2017) and email address to: TV13 Grand Giveaway, 1401 Presque Isle Avenue Marquette, Michigan 49855.
- Employees of the NMU Learning Resources Division and their immediate family members are excluded from the Great Grand Giveaway contest.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Entries must be received by Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 3 pm (eastern time).
- The winner will be selected randomly from entry forms submitted. The first name drawn (and/or his/her designate) receives the Mackinac Island trip. Four additional names will be drawn so if the winners are unable to accept the prize there will be alternates.
- The winner will be contacted using the phone numbers and email address submitted on their entry form and will have until Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 3 pm (eastern time) to respond. If the winner does not contact WNMU by Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 3 pm ET, the prize will be awarded to the next alternate winner. The winner's name will be announced on the air after they have been notified.
- There will be one prize awarded: a stay on Mackinac Island between August 13-October 29, 2017 (subject to availability) at the Grand Hotel. Package includes: one room for two people for two nights with a Sunday-Thursday arrival/departure pattern; dinner on arrival day, breakfast and dinner on the second day, and breakfast on departure day (meals are for 2 persons); sales tax, tipping and baggage handling charges as they pertain to the room and meals previously noted.
- This package does not include transportation to and from Mackinac Island. Nor does it include incidental charges such as cocktails, lunches, phone calls, gift shop purchases, recreation charges, etc. The prize is valued at $1800. Any taxes on the prize are to be paid by the winner of the contest. Prize is non-transferrable.
- WNMU-TV assumes no liability for personal injuries to the participants of the Mackinac Island trip while in transit or during their stay on the island.
- Winners are requested to take a photo on the Grand Hotel porch for the Public TV 13 FanFare guide and website and the Grand Hotel scrapbooks.
Back to contest page
Revised:June 9, 2017.